Health and Weight Loss News

Woman who loses 170 Pounds: It takes a made-up mind

Written By Unieke sieraden on Thursday, November 12, 2009 | 5:50 AM

Gayle Jones is almost 50 years old, and she runs 12 miles a day. She's a busy mom with nine grandchildren and she's 170 pounds lighter than she was 10 years ago. "I didn't notice the weight until I went to the doctor and tipped the scale. The scale couldn't weigh me it would only go up to 300 pounds.", Jones said. Her road to weight loss started with a simple offer of help from her son who knew about her New Year's resolution. "He said, 'You haven't started,' and I said, 'No, I haven't,' and he said, 'I'll be your coach.' At that moment, I recognized that I needed to do something to show him, whatever you put your mind to you can achieve." Her curse of weight gain started with the blessing of pregnancy.



Read more: First Coast News

0 comments: